Linda Mobley Scholarship
This scholarship has been donated through the generosity of Linda Mobley’s family, as a memorial in her honor. Linda Mobley’s passions were for her family and nursing. She was a nursing graduate from Kaskaskia College, and continued her education until she received her Masters Degree in Nursing. Linda worked in many departments at Salem Township Hospital. Working in the Emergency Room, Special Care Unit, as a Floor Nurse, Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing and Chief Executive Officer. She made sure she knew every doctor, patient, and employee by name.
Linda was the creator of the Salem Township Hospital Foundation, in the year 2001, while serving as CEO at the hospital. The STH Foundation needed to raise $450,000 in 18 months, so the Radiology Department could rebuild and remain viable. Unfortunately, Linda developed aplastic anemia and fought the long battle until she went into God’s hands in 2008.
As you go through classes, remember, Linda will be with you all the way. Save room in your heart.
The following criteria are established for the award:
- The applicant must be a resident of Marion County
- The applicant may be a full time or part time student enrolled in the Nursing Program at Kaskaskia College
- The applicant must submit a copy of his/her high school transcript and GPA, or a copy of his/her GED Diploma and test scores
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for the award
- The candidate must agree that he/she will apply for employment first with Salem Township Hospital. If this term is breached by the candidate, he/she will be considered in default and will be asked to reimburse the STH Foundation
- One scholarship will be awarded for $2,000 and will be credited to the recipient’s account and is restricted to tuition, books and fees at Kaskaskia College.