Position: Health Information Clerk
Department: Health Information Management
- Provides assistance in maintaining the integrity of complete medical records in both paper and electronic media.
- Performs medical record clerical functions including, but not limited to:
- medical records analysis,
- filing and retrieval of medical records
- monitoring incomplete and delinquent medical records and provides assistance to physicians in locating records for completion
- provides assistance with release of information and correspondence
- performs scanning of medical records and quality review
- assists with the clerical function of transcription duties
- performs other clerical duties necessary for appropriate operations of the Health Information Management Department
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent. Must possess very accurate spelling, filing, and typing skills.
- One year of experience in Health Information Management or medical office setting preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have very good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Must have good handwriting and printing.
- Ability to prioritize workload and maximize time utilization, reflect initiative, and have teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Hours Per Schedule
Monday - Friday