Cleans hospital by dusting, sweeping, mopping, and washing with special solutions and chemicals. Stock Supplies. Handles waste per infection control policies and procedures.
Performs tasks in maintaining an assigned area of the hospital in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. Loads, washes, extracts, sorts, folds, and delivers all linen according to the specified procedure. Uses chemical agents according to a standardized procedure.
- Responsible to: Director of Plant Operations, Housekeeping Supervisor
- Employees Supervised: None
- Interrelationships: All hospital departments, patients, and visitors.
- Receives daily cleaning assignments, selects materials and supplies from utility rooms, loads service cart, and transports to work areas.
- Returns unused supplies to utility room, leaves soiled cleaning rags and trash in designated areas and cleans cart and equipment at end of shift.
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, floors, and equipment with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Uses dust clothes and vacuum cleaners to dust window sills, blinds, floor, and furniture; empties trash baskets, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and similar equipment; replenishes supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
- Washes walls in all areas when needed.
- Collects soiled linen and washes beds following patient discharge.
- Sorts soiled linen to ensure the best processing.
- Operates washing machine and dryer.
- Uses chemical agents according to standardized procedures.
- Folds clean linen.
- Notifies Supervisor when cleaning supplies are low.
- Reports any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Director of Support Services.
- Changes curtains in all areas as needed.
- Cleans laundry room routinely.
- Delivers clean linen to proper areas.
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Housekeeping experience preferred; on-the-job training given. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Ability to perform a wide variety of housekeeping or laundry services.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Good physical and mental health.
- Manual dexterity is needed to perform assigned tasks.
- Full Time
- 7 am - 7 pm each weekend
- Alternating hours throughout the week