Inpatient Care Coordinator - RN
Hours Per Schedule
Full Time - Mon-Fri
- Reviews all admissions concurrently for appropriateness of level of care and review medical records to determine if continued inpatient stay meets the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) established criteria.
- Assists with concurrent documentation analysis in both electronic and manual medical records to ensure that federal and state regulations as well as accreditation standards are met.
- Reviews Observation Service stays for appropriate utilization and level of care.
- Reviews Same Day Surgery cases as needed.
- Plans and organizes appropriate discharge planning with patient and/or family involvement.
- Utilizes BOOST discharge planning tools and encourages the use of Ateach-back@ methodology.
- Provides educational material to patient/family regarding disease process.
- Collaborates with physicians and other ancillary departments providing direct patient care to ensure appropriate discharge planning is complete and arranged for prior to the discharge date.
- Assists with reviewing medical records for quality metrics and abstracts quality data for various internal or external quality initiatives.
Apply for Position
Applications are also available at the hospital.
Resumes may be mailed to:
Salem Township Hospital
1201 Ricker Drive
Salem, IL 62881
Attn: Human Resources
618-548-3194, ext. 8187