Patient Access Supervisor
Hours Per Schedule
Hours and Days May Vary
Interviews inpatients, outpatients, and Rural Health Clinic patients for identifying information and collects proper documentation. Ensures all patient access clerks are informed of policies and procedures. Coordinates with Director of Business Services to establish goals and provides the direction regarding goals, priorities, and standards. Responsible to have high quality and quantity standards in patient access functions to set the example for remaining staff. Ensures that patient information is complete and appropriate signatures are obtained. Distributes appropriate patient information to ancillary departments.
Education / Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent, with courses in typing and English.
- Experience as a patient access clerk in a hospital, similar medical facility or physician’s office as a typist or receptionist required.
- Must be knowledgeable in electronic health records, computers, typing, and be able to multi task
- Maintains and keeps current with relevant hospital rules and regulations as well as all insurance admitting requirements.
- Must have independent judgement and decision making abilities as well as analytical skills.
- Must also have superior customer service and communication skills.
Employees are assessed annually in competency.