WE OFFER INPATIENT, SWING BED AND OUTPATIENT SERVICES.
After surgery or an illness, getting back on your feet or resuming normal activities is often more than can be handled alone. Salem Township Hospital has a team of therapists to help patients regain their prior level of function while encouraging them along the way.
Therapists use a combination of exercise, functional activities, manual techniques, modalities and education to help decrease pain, improve overall function and provide patients with the knowledge to prevent further injuries.
Physical Therapy can help with:
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Sport or Work Injuries
- Neurological Issues
- Status Post Surgery
- Fall prevention
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Work Conditioning
- Generalized Weakness
- Parkinson’s Disease (LSVT BIG® Program)
Our OT Department helps patients regain their independence in doing normal, everyday activities at work and home.
Many times outpatient therapy will be given to patients who have limitations in their elbows, wrists and hands following fractures, cumulative trauma (carpal tunnel), surgeries or arthritis.
We also treat inpatients, swingbed patients, and outpatients status post stroke or other neurological condition or patients with generalized weakness following illness or prolonged hospitalization.
Inpatient therapy may include focus on self-care tasks (bathing, dressing, feeding) using adaptive equipment as needed, homemaking tasks (simulated cooking activities), education on assistive devices to increase independence and upper body strengthening/coordination.
Research on LSVT BIG® has documented improved mobility following treatment in:
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved balance and reduced risk of falling
- Increased trunk rotation
- Improvements in activities of daily living such as bed mobility
- Improved UPDRS Motor Score
- Improved multi-tasking with walking
LSVT BIG® treatment always consists of:
- Large amplitude exercises for the whole body
- Personalized functional skills practice
- 16 sessions, 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- 60-minute one-on-one therapy sessions
- Daily home exercise practice